SBC – Week 1 2016

Here we go again…. each week I will summarise the tasks Sue sets here.  The full version is on the Challenge site.  Some of you have done some of these tasks before, so either pick another task or revise your previous post eg update your About me page etc, explore another avatar site and write a post reviewing it.

Week 1 – I am ……

avatarbigWhen online, you are usually represented by an avatar – these are used in gaming as well as on blogs. An avatar is supposed to represent the real you. Check out mine – I am a white haired lady with reading glasses. I usually have a cup of coffee in my hand and I always wear thongs on my feet – yes that’s where we wear them in Australia.

Activity 1. Create an avatar to use on your blog when leaving comments. Here is a post including some avatar sites . To add your avatar to your blog, if using Edublogs, check here.

Did you find a great avatar site not mentioned here? Write a post about your avatar and how it represents you. Include a link to the website where you created the avatar.

Some students have mentioned the following as great avatar sites as well: Avachara,Chibimaker and Pocoyo

Activity 2. On your blog you also need a page or post telling us about yourself. Again you could use a variety of tools to embed on your blog. If you already have an About Me page, you might want to create an About my State or Province page as well. Be creative:

If using Edublogs, below are instructions for creating your page.

IMPORTANT :  please leave a comment on this post, with a link to your blog  when you have completed the task

3 thoughts on “SBC – Week 1 2016