Here we go again…. each week I will summarise the tasks Sue sets here. The full version is on the Challenge site. Some of you have done some of these tasks before, so either pick another task or revise your previous post eg update your About me page etc, explore another avatar site and write a post reviewing it.
Week 1 – I am ……
When online, you are usually represented by an avatar – these are used in gaming as well as on blogs. An avatar is supposed to represent the real you. Check out mine – I am a white haired lady with reading glasses. I usually have a cup of coffee in my hand and I always wear thongs on my feet – yes that’s where we wear them in Australia.
- Like Lego figures – click here and here is a post from Brianna about her avatar
- Like comics – bitstrip avatars from Birney Bulldogs
- Will used toondoo to create a family avatar
- Mrs Vazquez’s class used google slides to show off their avatars
Did you find a great avatar site not mentioned here? Write a post about your avatar and how it represents you. Include a link to the website where you created the avatar.
Activity 2. On your blog you also need a page or post telling us about yourself. Again you could use a variety of tools to embed on your blog. If you already have an About Me page, you might want to create an About my State or Province page as well. Be creative:
- Write a poem
- Write an A-Z paragraph eg I am an athletic, yet brainy child who decided that saving the environment is one of my future goals.
- Create a tellegami like our mentor Dinah has done
- Create a list of things people might not know about you like Ms Herring has done
- Write a Who am I like Mrs Keane or Mrs Lyttle
- Students in Ireland paired up to create their about us page, Ms Seitz’ class did the same,Mrs Moore’s class are new bloggers
- Penelope, Warrior Kat, Harry, Daniela, Mikaila, Rebecca
- Brianna (a student mentor) has a great favourites about me page, as well as an A-Z post
If using Edublogs, below are instructions for creating your page.
IMPORTANT : please leave a comment on this post, with a link to your blog when you have completed the task